Sunday, March 23, 2008

 

Obama Statement Commemorating the Persian New Year

Chicago, IL March 20, 2008

On behalf of Michelle and my two daughters, I want to offer my best wishes to you for a happy and prosperous Persian New Year. Nowruz has been celebrated for at least 3,000 years by millions worldwide including over 1 million Iranian Americans in the United States. As I campaign across the country, I am frequently reminded of the tremendous contributions and aspirations of Iranian Americans. Iranian Americans have contributed to the social, economic, and cultural fabric of this nation. Together, we will help write the next chapter of the great American story. It is my great honor to celebrate this Persian New Year with you.

[+/-] show/hide this post
# posted by International@jomhouri.com @ 6:55 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?